Sunday 27 February 2011

Coving and musings

Bohdan and I discussed coving. We measured everything as I insisted I be involved. He wasn't keen on me standing on the ladder alone. He's so very courteous and caring.

She is valuable! I have obeyed her and not called her, Ma'am, but in all truth, she can't hide her royal blood. It shines through her. We, that is my sister Rumer and I, are very pleased to have her here, though I have noticed lately she seems a little down. Rumer says I should say nothing. She's probably right. With my size 10s I would probably say the wrong thing and crush her toes, erm... feelings.

Bohdan explained that all the mitre edges will need to be made but the final length would be cut later.

He's taken the wood away to his workshop to finish.
I have been thinking a lot about my past lately. I am finding this exile extremely difficult. Perhaps it will get easier in time. Time is something I shall have a lot of as a faerie. If only they had not also clipped my wings and diminished my powers. I am indeed paying a very high price.

~She began to sing in her own language. The sound to our ears was like a running brook and the breaking of twigs, with a splattering on dead leaves. A strange and beautiful sound that you may occasionally hear, if your ears are attuned, on a winter's day when the rain falls, because there is a sorrowful note to the tune, one that squeezes tears from your eyes in sympathy. I hope she can find comfort soon.~


No comments:

Post a Comment